Thursday, October 16, 2008

Visiting Hong Kong Museum of Medical Sciences


This morning, my teacher and all 4A students took a school bus to the Hong Kong Museum of Medical Sciences in Sheung Wan for a visit.

The entrance looks very old. The museum has three floors, they are upper floor ground floor and basement. A men told us many things, like the step counting meter,heart beat measure meter and some other tools for checking body. There is a picture shows us our organs inside our body, like the heart and lung.

Then, we went to the basement. There is a bed for operation and a model cow to show how people cured smallpox in the past.

We saw pictures and two model mice on the upper floor. The man told us about the plague made by rats a long time ago in Hong Kong.

We only stayed in the museum for 45 minutes. We didn't have enough time to see everything. I found this museum very interesting. I like the basement most because not many museums has a basement.

5 comments:

Ricky Lam said...

Your visit brought back a lot of good memories of my old days when I was the one who took my students to visit the museum. I used to take my previous students there after school. I think you can see the wonder and advancement of medical technology of today.

Becky Cheung said...

I have been there for more than 10 times. Every time I walked there with my students from the school I used to work in.

I like the tour guide there a lot. Most of them are retired doctors.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your visiting report, I know there is such an old and interesting museum on the Island.

Following your guidance, I found more details from its website. Both the themes of exhibitions therein and the historical building itself attract me very much to pay a visit. It can be easily reached with 15 minutes from Central by using the Mid-Levels Escalators.

公公.

Gareth Chan said...

I had never been to that place, but I'm sure it's an intresrting place and I think I might like it.

Anonymous said...

`woops....
`i dun think i hv ever been there before....hee hee~
`it sounds a gd place to visit=]
`i would go n hv a look in the future=]
`sorry i didnt come to yr blog at the beginning of the term coz my sku has blocked all the blogs sites==
`not reali plzed wif tht-3-
`by the way i am hving my half term holiday=]2 weeks long=v=
`but gonna revise n do some work, coz GCSE is comingT_T
`of coz i am gonna go to central london n do some shopping as well, my fav. activity>3<
`miz u loads, hope everything is going well around u=]
`luv
Elaine